There are many reasons you may have changed MAC Address of your network adapter and after sometime you wanted to reset it to default value. One of the reason may be software licensing issues where many softwares depends on local MAC Address to create license keys, In this case the validation fails as you don’t had your older MAC Address. This article shows how you can reset MAC Address to default value for any network adapter using a freeware Win7 MAC Address Changer.(Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Download Win7 MAC Address Changer
- Extract from Zip File and run the software with administrative privileges
- Select the network adapter you want to change
- Click on Reset To Default button
Note: You can see the result by typing Getmac command before and after using this software in RUN dialog.
MAC (Media Access Control) address is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each network device such as network card. MAC Address is used to identify a device or a computer in a network as it is difficult to change or spoof MAC Address. Depending on your operating system there are may ways to check your mac address such as,
Check MAC Address in Mac OS X :
- Choose “System Preferences” from the Apple menu.
- Select “Network” Double-click on “Airport” or “Built-in Ethernet” depending on how you access the Internet or your network.
- Notice that your MAC Address is called an Airport ID or Ethernet ID.
- Try the linux ‘ifconfig’ method in Terminal.app. This will work on MacOS X since it uses the Darwin kernel (based upon BSD).
Check MAC Address in Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Visa/7 :
- Click on START
- Go to ACCESSORIES
- Select Command Prompt
- Type : (without quotes) “ipconfig /all“
Look for the adapter you want to find the MAC address of. The MAC address is the number (in standard hex format) located next to “Physical Address” in the list.
There are many tools in windows to check and change MAC Address one of which is Win7 MAC Address Changer which is a freeware developed by soonware.
MAC (Media Access Control) address is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. MAC Address is widely used to identify a device or a computer in a network as it is difficult to change or spoof MAC Address.
Technically, In IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) 802 networks, the Data Link Control (DLC) layer of the OSI Reference Model is divided into two sub-layers they are,
- Logical Link Control (LLC) Layer.
- Media Access Control (MAC) Layer.
The MAC layer interfaces directly with the network medium. Consequently, each different type of network medium requires a different MAC layer.
On networks that do not conform to the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) 802 standards but do conform to the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) Reference Model , the node address is called the Data Link Control (DLC) address.
Many network applications depend on MAC Address to keep track of devices and users in the network so it is a privacy concern for many users. There are many applications which helps to change or spoof mac address in almost all platforms some Operating Systems such as Linux and MAC OS provides inbuilt commands to change MAC Address.One of the MAC Address Changer for windows is Win7 MAC Address Changer which is a freeware developed by soonware softwares.
You can easily enable and disable network adapters in windows 7 by following these steps,
- Open Network Sharing Center by Right click on Network icon beside the clock.
- Click on Change adapter Setting link in right side panel.
- Identify the adapter to be disabled by reading the sub names in each adapter.
- Right click on the adapter and select Disable.
- Right click on the adapter and select Enable.
How to Reset MAC Address of Your Network Adapter
How To Find MAC Address
What is MAC Address ?
You can batch or mass rename files and folders in Windows XP, Vista and in Windows 7 by using a simple freeware called Win7 X Folder. It is very easy to do such tasks using Win7 X Folder with it’s very easy to use templates you can batch rename in a click of a button without any need to use wildcards.
- Select the a source where you want to perform batch rename operation in the main window of Win7 X Folder.
- Click on “Mass Rename” button in the right side of the interface.
- Select any one type of rename you want to perform by selecting “Only Files“, “Only Folder“, “Both Files and Folders“.
- Select an appropriate template each templates explain about themselves so no need to say anything.
- Click on “Start” button to start the batch rename process. (Be careful do not perform these operations on system files and folders which may effect proper working of your system. )
How to save list of files and folders to a file?
you can easily save list of all files and folders to a file using Win7 X Folder which makes it very easy to save a list of all files and folders along with their sizes to a file which may be plain text(.txt) file or comma separated values(.csv) file.
Procedure Save List of Files and Folders :
- Select a file where you want to save the generated list
- decide which data you want to save by selecting appropriate options.
- select a desired format to save the list(either .txt or .csv).
You can download Win7 X Folder by clicking Here